The short answer: nothing good. In just a short 5 days this kind of diet already negatively affects how muscles process nutrients – & it gets worse from there.
The human body is an amazing machine. Capable of:
Unfortunately, what your body can’t do is consume junk food –aka the Standard American Diet– without starting to fall apart.
- Climbing mountains,
- Adapting to environments as disparate as the arctic and the tropical rain forest.
- Running for hundreds of kilometres at a stretch,
- Lifting freakishly heavy weights.
- Amazing technological advances,
- Creating art that can elevate the soul
What does this mean to you?
- As yummy as sausage biscuits smothered in gravy and bacon smells, you may not want to eat it very often. Your body hasn’t evolved (devolved) to handle this type of food.
- If you can’t resist the siren song of Mac ‘n Cheese, space it out with some healthy food, like a Big Salad, to help your muscles sensitive to insulin.
- The next time you hear about a study saying High-Fat or High-Carb diets are bad, take a closer look at what the researchers consider high-fat or high-carb.dia