How to Treat Back Pain
Experiencing upper and middle back pain can be a real bummer, and that’s putting it mildly (oh, the dreadful irony). It’s just as awful as having to deal with shoulder pain, suffering from pinched nerves, or trying to get rid of muscle knots. It can be painful, and bothersome.
It’s normal, then, to try and find help as quickly as possible. Sure, seeking chiropractic care in Scottsdale is a great place to start, but is there something you can do on your own to relieve the pain? Well, let’s see.
WHAT CAUSES UPPER BACK PAIN BETWEEN SHOULDER BLADES?
When it comes to the pain you may be experiencing between your shoulder blades, it is good to know what might be causing it, even if you plan on visiting a member of the World Federation of Chiropractic.
However, there are so many potential causes that we’d struggle to list them all. Instead, we’re going to tell you about the most common causes of pain between the shoulder blades, and insist that you still consult an experienced chiropractor about it.
- Bad posture – Sometimes, the pain you’re experiencing is nothing serious, as it may be due to poor posture, and you can easily deal with it.
- Improper lifting – If you’ve recently had to lift a heavy object, you may have sustained an injury because you did it incorrectly, thus suffering an injury.
- Overuse – Perhaps you’ve just been overdoing it, and you’ve sprained a ligament, or strained muscles surrounding the area.
- Cervical disc herniation – Sometimes, the cause of the pain is a bit more serious, and it might mean that the cervical disc is herniated.
- Dislocated rib – Although it does not seem connected, and is certainly less common, sometimes, the pain between the shoulder blades is caused by a dislocated rib.
- Heart condition – Certain heart conditions present themselves through pain between the shoulder blades.
- Compression fracture – When your vertebral bone compresses and becomes weak, it can cause a lot of pain to manifest between your shoulder blades.
- Arthritis – Arthritis of the ribs or the neck can also be one of the potential causes of upper back pain.
- Pinched nerve – Finally, all the pain may be because a nerve somewhere between the shoulder blades has become pinched.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A PINCHED NERVE IN SHOULDER BLADES?
There are five main types of symptoms that a nerve between your shoulder blades has become pinched. Pay attention to one or all of the following symptoms, but also consider consulting a chiropractic expert as soon as they appear.
- Decreased sensation or numbness in the area of the shoulder blades.
- A burning sensation or sharp pain between shoulder blades.
- A needles and tingling sensation in the area.
- Weakness of the muscles between the shoulder blades.
- Your feet or hands frequently “fall asleep”.
So, once again, do not self-diagnose – as soon as you start experiencing one or several of these symptoms, consult an educated professional instead of trying to resolve the matter on your own.
HOW DO YOU RELIEVE PAIN BETWEEN YOUR SHOULDER BLADES?
OK, again – if you begin experiencing pain between the shoulder blades, you should definitely visit a chiropractic pro as soon as possible. However, there are several things you can do in order to alleviate some of the pain prior to the visit.
- Rest – First things first, give your upper back and shoulder blades some rest. Try to spare the area of any activity for a couple of days, and see if the pain lessens.
- Heat/ice – Also, while resting the area, apply some homemade cold therapy to it by wrapping ice in a piece of cloth and holding for ten to twenty minutes. Then, take a heating pad, and apply for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Massage – Finally, ask a friend or a family member to gently massage the area in order to loosen the muscles and alleviate the pain.
“I’D RATHER UNDERGO PROFESSIONAL CHIROPRACTIC CARE IN SCOTTSDALE!”
Yes, you can relieve some of the pain on your own, but nothing beats undergoing chiropractic treatment by the best trained professionals in Scottsdale – Fix Body Chiropractor Group. Even in these trying times, we’re here for you.
We know you can no longer freely roam the Camelback Mountain, both because of the current situation and the pain between your shoulder blades. That is why you should call us immediately and see about scheduling a safe appointment. Contact us today!