How Chiropractors Help With Pinched Nerves
If a pinched nerve is giving you a hard time, you’re probably looking for some help. Did you know chiropractic can help treat pinched nerves? Yes, it can, and chiropractic can also deal with shoulder pain, it can relieve pain in between your shoulder blades, while, at the same time, helping you untie those pesky muscle knots!
What Causes a Pinched Nerve
Again, chiropractic can certainly help with a pinched nerve in your lower back. First of all, a professional and experienced chiropractic will determine the cause of a pinched nerve in your lower back. There are four main causes of a pinched nerve:
- Misalignment or subluxation
- Disc degeneration
- Disc herniation and protrusion
Then, once a chiropractor has managed to determine the cause behind the pinched nerve in your lower back, he or she can get started on applying gentle chiropractic manipulation that will help resolve the situation with your pinched nerve.
Chiropractic is a great method for dealing with pinched nerves because it involves delicate adjustments that are completely natural and do not require you to undergo surgery. With chiropractic, you can get rid of the problems associated with pinched nerves easily and efficiently.
Do Pinched Nerves Go Away On Their Own?
The good news about pinched nerves is that, for the majority of cases, there is no surgery required to deal with them. That means that you won’t have to undergo any invasive procedures to help you get rid of a pinched nerve.
However, that doesn’t mean that a pinched nerve will stop giving you trouble without taking any action at all. Chances are that your pinched nerve is a result of either overuse, or an underlying medical condition, and you have to take action in order to deal with it.
That being said, do not be scared. There are things you can do on your own to help alleviate the problems caused by a pinched nerve, but you can also decide to ask for professional help when dealing with such a medical condition. We’ll shortly see what it is you can do.
Ways to Fix a Pinched Nerve
As we’ve promised, let’s see if we can help you deal with that pesky pinched nerve of yours by giving you some tips on how to make your daily struggles a bit easier:
- Professionals – We have to put this first. If you’re suffering from a pinched nerve, consult a chiropractic professional first and then do all the rest on this list.
- Take a Break – Give the area that’s giving you trouble a long, deserved break. Do not stress the muscles surrounding the affected area, and try getting enough sleep, because sleep always helps
- Fix Your Posture – Also, your posture might be poor, which can, in turn, cause the pinched nerve to only give you more trouble. Keep your back straight when sitting and walking, and try not to hunch.
- Stretching – Perform gentle stretches every day, especially in the area that you find to be painful. However, remember to keep it slow and easy.
- Ice and heat – Although this cannot, per se, help you get rid of a pinched nerve, applying ice and heat to the area that feels sore can greatly alleviate the symptoms.
- Standing Workstation – If keeping your back straight while sitting behind your desk doesn’t seem to be helping, why not try a standing workstation combined with some comfortable footwear?
- Braces and Splints – Finally, since pinched nerves require some isolation and rest, splints and braces are a great way to make sure that you’re doing all you can to keep the affected area protected.
Consult a Chiropractor Near You
If you’ve tried out all the home methods for dealing with pinched nerves, or you’d like to listen to our advice and consult a professional first, you’re in need of first-rate chiropractic help. That’s where Fix Body Chiropractor Group steps in!
We are a team of seasoned chiropractic professionals who’ve dealt with pinched nerves a million times. We’re sure we can help you, even now, when you can’t even visit the Musical Instrument Museum. Contact us and let’s see what we can do for you!