What Causes of Neck & Shoulder Pain
WHAT CAUSES NECK & SHOULDER PAIN AND HOW CAN I TREAT IT?
Suffering from neck pain is just as difficult as enduring pain in your knee and back and trying to alleviate shoulder pain. These kinds of pain make you even more stressed and angry because they can keep you from living life to the fullest. Therefore, it’s normal to inquire whether you should seek help from a chiropractor or a masseur.
But, you should know that chiropractic is an extremely successful method for treating all these kinds of pain. Let’s see how regular chiropractic care in Escondido can help you get the much-needed relief from shoulder and neck pain.
DOES STRESS CAUSE NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN?
Not always, but yes, stress can definitely cause both shoulder pain and neck pain. Although stress is still not taken as seriously as it should be, it can cause many health problems, painful shoulders and neck included.
Here are some ways stress causes and contributes to shoulder and neck pain:
- Stress does its best to enlarge all the blood vessels in your big muscle groups, thus allowing quicker oxygen delivery.
- When you’re stressed, you instinctively, and without even knowing it, tighten and clench your neck, shoulder, and jaw muscles, making them become painful.
- Stress also increases the tension in your trapezius muscles. These muscles run all the way from the top of your body to your back, and when they’re tense, your shoulders and neck hurt.
- Stress can also restrict normal shoulder and neck movements, causing them to start hurting due to irregular movements.
- Finally, stress can heighten your perception of the pain you’re experiencing, making you more susceptible to it.
HOW DO YOU LOOSEN TIGHT NECK AND SHOULDER MUSCLES?
If your neck and shoulders are feeling tight, sore, or painful, there’s something you can do to loosen those muscles – stretch. Here are some top stretches you can do to relieve the tension and pain in your neck and your shoulders:
- Neck roll – Take a towel, roll it up, lie down on your bed, place the towel at the base of the head and near the edge of the bed, and allow your head to fall back off the edge. Hold for ten minutes.
- Neck stretch – Sit on a chair and clasp your hands firmly behind your head. Now, perform gentle pulls with your head toward your chest. Stretch as far as you can and hold for half a minute.
- Trapezius stretch – Take your right arm, place it behind your back, and pull it with your left hand, but very gently. Tilt your head towards your left shoulder, and hold for half a minute. Switch arms and repeat.
- The needle – Get down on your hands and knees, bend your knees and stretch your upper body slightly forwards. Then, slide one arm under your other arm while keeping your palm up, and rotate your body until your head is touching the ground and you’re looking to one side. Hold for about half a minute.
- Shoulder rolls – Finally, an extremely simple and common stretch that is, nonetheless, very effective. Just stand up straight and lift your shoulders up and down with smooth movements. Just remember to tuck your chin in.
WHAT IS THE BEST TREATMENT FOR NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN?
While you can relieve a lot of the tension and pain from your neck and shoulders on your own, by either performing gentle stretching routines or applying heat or cold to the affected area, sometimes the problems lie deeper within your body.
It is at those times that you should think about seeking the help of qualified professionals whose job it is to deal with issues you might be experiencing. Members of the World Federation of Chiropractic are probably your best option if you’d like the pain in your neck and shoulders to go away quickly and easily.
Chiropractic treatment for neck and shoulder pain is non-invasive, but very effective. It will not only help you deal with the pain, but also resolve the underlying issues causing that pain. And that’s what’s great about chiropractic.
While some other treatment methods may also make the pain go away, the pain is likely to return since these methods do not tackle the cause of the pain. Chiropractic does, and once you’re finished undergoing chiropractic treatment, your pain is gone for good, as it should be!
“WHERE CAN I FIND PROFESSIONAL CHIROPRACTIC CARE CLOSE TO ESCONDIDO?”
If you’d like to be done with the pain in your neck and your shoulders, chiropractic certainly is the way to go. However, if you’re struggling to find chiropractors to rely on in Escondido, don’t worry, you haven’t yet discovered Fix Body Chiropractor Group.
We are a team of experienced and dedicated chiropractors ready to tackle all the problems you might be experiencing. If you’re ever near the California Center for the Arts in Escondido, you’re near us. Stop by our clinic or contact us for a consultation today!