Can Chiropractic Alleviate Shoulder Pain?
Chiropractic offers very successful treatment methods for shoulder pain, so if you were ever in doubt about going to a masseur or a chiropractor, again, you don’t have to be.
On the other hand, you might be experiencing knee pain as well, and wondering what the underlying cause is. Chiropractors in Escondido can also help determine the cause of it all and tackle it immediately. For now, let’s see about the pain in your shoulder.
How Do I Get My Shoulder to Stop Hurting?
If your shoulder is aching and you can no longer stand it, don’t worry, it’s not as grim as you might think it is. There are some actions you can take in the comfort of your home to relieve the pain from your shoulder:
- Heat – Step into the shower, set the water temperature to mildly hot, and place your shoulder under a steady stream for five to ten minutes. Also, you could use an electric hot pack. However, be mindful to set it on medium heat.
- Ice – Take a cold pack or anything frozen, like frozen peas, and keep it on the sore spot for about ten minutes. It’s guaranteed to help.
- Stretching – Gently stretch the muscles of the area that feels painful. Be careful not to overdo it, stretch slowly and patiently, and you should find relief soon enough.
- Salt bath – If your pain is similar to cramping pain, then this old school home therapy is the way to go. Fill the bathtub with warm water, take some bathing salts, and immerse yourself in the water for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Massage – You should also take some time to massage your shoulder or get a family member to do it for you. If you want to do it completely alone, take a tennis ball, place it in a sock, put it on your shoulder, and rub the area against the wall.
- Professional help – Finally, visit an experienced member of the American Chiropractic Association. Why risk further injury when you can consult a professional and ease your mind?
Do Chiropractors Work on Shoulders?
Yes, chiropractors definitely offer treatment for shoulder pain. The shoulder is a joint, and chiropractic is extremely successful in treating many conditions associated with various joints throughout your body. There is no reason why you should not consider chiropractic for shoulder pain.
What’s more, chiropractors are very good at treating shoulder pain, especially those chiropractors who specialize in sports chiropractic. They possess the knowledge and skills to first find the cause of the pain and then deal with it.
Finally, we have to note that undergoing chiropractic treatment for shoulder pain is in no way just a quick fix to a problem. That is, chiropractic provides more than just immediate pain relief. Chiropractors treat the root of the problem and not just the symptoms.
What Can a Chiropractor Do For Shoulder Pain?
Chiropractors are educated professionals who take their time when treating each individual. It’s the same with shoulder pain and every chiropractor will go through a series of procedures to ensure that you receive the best care possible for your shoulder pain:
- Examination – A chiropractor will first perform a detailed examination of your shoulder in an attempt to determine the underlying issue.
- Diagnosis – After examining your shoulder, a chiropractor will diagnose what is causing it to be able to provide adequate treatment.
- Plan – Then, a chiropractor will make a detailed plan that will cover the most important points during the course of your proposed treatment, making sure you undergo the most effective chiropractic procedures for your shoulder problems.
- Treatment – It is only after careful careful examination and detailed planning that a chiropractor will perform chiropractic treatment. This treatment is designed to relieve pain and solve the underlying cause of it.
- Monitoring – A chiropractic professional will monitor your progress and adjust the therapy if necessary, ensuring that you receive maximum results during your every visit.
- Checkups – Finally, a different manner of monitoring, sometimes you will be required to come in for regular checkups so the chiropractor can be certain that the underlying condition causing shoulder pain has been completely eliminated.
Chiropractors in San Diego
If your shoulder is really starting to give you trouble, there’s probably more to it than just the pain. If you’d like a true chiropractic professional to help you out, there’s only one center to go to – Fix Body Chiropractor Group. We are the leaders when it comes to chiropractic treatment, and we will do all we can to help you get rid of that pesky shoulder pain.
If your shoulder is making your visits to Palomar Mountain State Park less enjoyable than before, you should definitely come to our clinic for a consultation. For more information on chiropractic care for you shoulder pain, contact us.