Wondering how often to visit a chiropractor is only one of the questions that most potential patients need answering, alongside asking about the necessity of chiropractic treatment, the insurance coverage of chiropractic, as well as how to choose a good chiropractor.
But, let us now stick to the question few have tried giving a straight answer to – how regularly should you visit a chiropractor in Paradise Valley to experience progress with the issues you’re experiencing after a car accident?
When should you see a chiropractor after a car accident?
Instead of providing you with a single reason to visit a chiropractor upon suffering a car accident, we’re going to give you several reasons, each as vital as the previous one.
- Spotting the injuries early – Sometimes, after a traffic accident, symptoms appear instantaneously. At other times, however, they make take a couple of weeks or even months to surface. Visiting a chiropractor early on will help reveal problems even if they’re not immediately visible.
- Identifying possible issues – Even if you’ve only experienced a 10mph fender bender, that doesn’t mean that you’re not injured. Instead of brushing it off and continuing with your daily activities, visit a chiropractor in order to be certain of whether or not you’ve sustained an injury.
- Receiving immediate help – Chiropractic treatment provides relief from the very first visit. Why wait for the many benefits of chiropractic, if you can have them right away?
How often should you go to the chiropractor after a car accident?
In order to get an estimate of how often you should visit a chiropractor after a car accident, you need to consult a chiropractor first. They will suggest an appropriate course of treatment depending on your condition.
However, we can give you a general idea of the frequency of treatments since chiropractors divide injuries into categories, and each category comes with its own treatment plan. Again, this is not set in stone.
Categories range from one to five, but we’re only going to present the first three categories, as the higher ones often require surgery.
- Category 1 – 21 treatments, beginning with daily treatments during the first week, three times a week during the second, twice a week during the third, and once a week in the remaining weeks. It should last about eleven weeks in total.
- Category 2 – 33 treatments in total. First week consists of daily treatments, then three times a week in the following four weeks, continued with bi-weekly visits for roughly four weeks, and then weekly treatments for four months. The treatment should last for about twenty-nine weeks.
- Category 3 – 76 treatments. During the first two weeks you only have a single treatments per week. Then, it’s three times a week for sixteen weeks, followed by bi-weekly treatments in duration of twelve weeks, and finished off with single treatments for twenty weeks. All in all, fifty-six weeks of treatment.
How long do you have to go to the doctor after a car accident?
You can choose to visit a chiropractor for the full duration of your treatment plan, or you can stop when you start noticing minor or major improvements.
However, you have to be aware of the fact that car accidents are tricky matters, and that you should never approach the issues arising from them lightly. It’s better to prolong your visits to the chiropractor than to cut them short for maximum health benefits.
Another thing to pay attention to is that every injury, especially those stemming from car accidents, is different, and that every course of treatment differs too. Be patient and continue with your treatment for as long as you need. Every other course of action might cost you more in the long run.
“Which chiropractor can help me after a car accident?”
There are many chiropractic clinics, but none quite like Fix Body Chiropractor Group. As far as chiropractic practice goes, you’d struggle to find a more dedicated and experienced group of chiropractors anywhere in the San Diego area.
In fact, we’re simply the finest team of chiropractor experts in Paradise Valley and we can assist you with accident-caused injuries and other conditions. If you need help, we’ll do everything we can for you. So, if you’re in the neighborhood, visiting Point Loma or some other areas in the vicinity, stop by and schedule a consultation today!