Oh, those pesky muscle knots!They may seem like no big deal at first, but, sometimes, that’s exactly what they turn into. You know how you can adjust your sleeping position because of shoulder pain? Well, you can’t do that with muscle knots.
They’re almost as bothersome as pinched nerves, and can become almost as painful as problems between your shoulder blades. So, you should do something about it. Visiting experienced chiropractors in Scottsdale should be your no. 1 option, and here’s why!
Are muscle knots bad?
Muscle knots are bad in the sense that they are really, really boring. They are usually not harmful in the long run, but they can certainly be very painful and difficult to get rid of without asking help from a qualified member of the American Chiropractic Association.
So, to answer your question – muscle knots are as bad for you as they are making it harder to do all the actions you normally do. So, if a muscle knot is keeping you from being as active as you’re used to being, then yes, muscle knots are bad.
However, there are also various other symptoms of muscle knots, as well as different causes you should be aware of when trying to determine if your muscle knots are bad or not. The best way to do so is to visit a chiropractor, but in case you want to do it alone…
What are the symptoms of muscle knots?
Before giving you the most common symptoms of muscle knots, let us first tell you where they are most likely to appear:
- Lower back muscles
- Calf muscles
- Neck muscles
- Shoulder muscles
These are the areas you should first pay attention to when trying to determine if a muscle knot is giving you trouble.
As for the usual symptoms of muscle knots, here they are:
- A lumpy feeling beneath your fingertips.
- Pain in the area around the lump in your muscle.
- Twitching of the muscles in the affected area.
These are the most common symptoms of muscle knots, but they can, sometimes, also cause the following:
- Pain in your jaw.
- Pain in your lower back.
- Ringing in your ears.
- Tension headaches.
What are the usual causes of muscle knots?
Now, let us only briefly take a look at the most common causes of muscle knots. Yes, there are certainly more potential causes than we’re about to discuss, but these are the most usual ones you should pay attention to.
- Tensions in your muscles from overusing them.
- Injuries of muscles caused by heavy lifting and repetitive motions.
- Poor posture can also lead to muscle knots forming in certain muscles.
- Too much sitting every day without stretching.
- Prolonged bed rest without providing your muscles with some work.
Do chiropractors get rid of muscle knots?
Yes, an experienced chiropractor can definitely help you get rid of muscle knots rather quickly and very efficiently. By using the techniques we’re going to describe, a chiropractor will make your muscle knots disappear without a trace.
- Adjustments – Sometimes, muscles knots also appear because of a joint dysfunction. Gentle chiropractic adjustments are just the treatment you need to eliminate both the cause and the knot.
- Massage – Chiropractic experts are also well-versed in various therapeutic massage techniques that will help you get rid of your muscle knots.
- Heat – By applying heat to the area affected by your muscle knot, a chiropractor will promote blood flow, thus allowing your own body to help itself deal with this problem.
- Stretches – A chiropractor will also instruct you on how to perform gentle stretches in order to relieve pain caused by muscle knots, but also reduce tension in the affected area, which will help you eliminate the knot for good.
And that’s it – by combining all these techniques, chiropractors can effectively treat your muscles knots, but they can also provide you with some instructions on how to prevent more muscle knots from appearing.
How can I prevent muscle knots from appearing again?
Finally, as we’ve mentioned, here’s some advice that can greatly help you to stop further muscle knots from appearing. Bear in mind, though, that sometimes, nothing you do can prevent a muscle knot from appearing.
That being said, it’s better to be doing something to prevent it, than to be doing nothing and hoping for the best.
- Trying to maintain good posture can help prevent the forming of muscle knots.
- Being physically active is a tried-and-tested method too.
- Not overusing your muscles by doing the same physical activity every day. Instead, walk, swim, run… Mix it up on a daily basis so as not to overwork the same muscles and cause knots to appear.
- Preventative visits to a chiropractor are a sure way to prevent muscle knots from forming.
“Who are the leading chiropractors in Scottsdale to help me get rid of muscle knots?”
If muscle knots are giving you a hard time, then it’s definitely high time to do something about it. If you don’t know whom to turn to, we’re here to help by telling you who to best chiropractors in Scottsdale are – Fix Body Chiropractor Group.
We are the leaders in chiropractic care, and we’re sure we can help you eliminate muscle knots in a jiffy. It’s tough being physically active these days when even a walk through Papago Park is an adventure. But, contact us and let’s see if we can schedule an appointment.