Experiencing muscle or back pain, or both, is not only annoying, but can become debilitating if not adequately treated. Luckily, chiropractic is an excellent choice for treating muscle and back pain through many modern methods.
Some of them might include a chiropractor treating your spine, while others include gentle chiropractic adjustments of the affected area. However, we understand that you’d like to know more about what awaits when you go for chiropractic treatment in Carmel Mountain Ranch, and we’ll oblige.
How does a chiropractor treat muscle pain?
When it comes to muscle pain, every member of the American Chiropractic Association has a number of options for treating your muscles, depending on the underlying cause of the pain.
The first thing every experienced chiropractor does is determine the reason behind your aching muscles. Once the chiropractor diagnoses the root of the problem, then it is time for one of the following techniques:
- Cold therapy – Cryotherapy is usually the first resort when dealing with muscle pain and other inflammatory processes. Blood vessels will constrict, slowing down your blood flow, which reduces swelling, bruising, inflammation, and pain.
- Heat therapy – On the other hand, chiropractors employ heat therapy to enhance blood flow. With an increase in blood flow comes an increase in oxygen flow, which speeds up the process of healing and increases range of motion.
- Ultrasound – Ultrasound employs sound waves that penetrate all the way to your deep tissue. This creates a so-called “deep heat”, which improves oxygen delivery to painful areas, alleviating pain.
- Phonophoresis and Iontophoresis – With the use of these two methods, topical medication penetrates deeper into the tissue for an improved effect. Phonophoresis uses ultrasonic waves, while iontophoresis uses electrical current.
- Electrical stimulation – This treatment allows a gentle current to flow through your body, relieving pain and reducing inflammation.
- Kinesio taping – This treatment method consists of a special tape being placed on the affected areas of your body. It takes some pressure off the painful areas by rearranging the tissue beneath them.
- Trigger point – When employing this technique, a chiropractor will apply gentle pressure on the specific points of your body, known as “trigger” points, which will bring the patients significant pain relief.
- Chiropractic adjustments – Finally, a chiropractor will perform certain adjustments in order to correct any muscle imbalances that may exist, thus facilitating healing of injured or overworked muscles.
What chiropractic methods are used to treat back pain?
Now that you know how chiropractors treat muscle pain, let’s see how they help you cope with back pain:
- Toggle drop – This technique consists of quick-but-precise thrusts that target a specific area of your body, with the aim of relieving pain.
- Motion palpation – Motion palpation is mostly used as a tool for diagnosing the root of the issue. A chiropractor will gently inspect areas of your body with his hands, trying to determine which areas are out of alignment.
- Lumbar roll – This method requires that patients lie on their side while a chiropractor applies quick and precise thrusts that return the vertebrae into alignment.
- Release work – When chiropractors use this technique they apply gentle pressure to your spine in order to separate the vertebrate and allow the spinal column to return back into proper alignment.
- Table adjustments – A chiropractor places the patient on the table, after which he applies a sharp thrust to the area which is misaligned. At the same time, the portion of the table drops.This dissipates the force of the thrust to dissipate, making the entire procedure more comfortable.
- Instrument adjustments – For this method, a chiropractor uses an instrument which is spring-loaded to adjust the spine. This instrument frees the vertebrate, helping the patient experience immediate pain relief.
- Anesthesia manipulations – This technique is only for the patients experiencing extreme pain, and it takes place at hospital. It’s considered a last resort, employed only when every other type of treatment fails.
- Pelvic blocking – This treatment focuses on the disk-related issues. A chiropractor places cushioned wedges under the patient’s pelvis before making gentle movements that employ the help of gravity to separate discs and relieve pain.
“Where can I receive these types of chiropractic treatment near Carmel Mountain Ranch?”
If you’re looking for a chiropractor to help you with your back and muscle pain, and you live in or near Carmel Mountain Ranch, you should definitely go to Fix Body Chiropractor Group. We are a team of experienced chiropractors dedicated to helping patients under constant pain. If you’re no longer enjoying walks through the Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, come to our clinic, we’ll help you!