If your back is feeling stiff and sore, there’s something wrong. Perhaps there are pesky knots in your back muscles, causing your back to become tight and sore. Or perhaps it’s something else. Whatever it is, the important thing is that treatment is available.
For example – chiropractic. Chiropractors can not only reduce your stress and help you with anxiety, all the while taking care of the sore muscles in your neck, but they can also help with all your back issues. So, let’s see why you should try and find good chiropractors in Carmel Mountain Ranch.
What causes a stiff back?
Stiffness in your back, be it lower or upper, can be caused by a multitude of different factors. That is why it’s sometimes extremely difficult to alleviate back stiffness without some help from a professional, for example, a Word Federation of Chiropractic licensed chiropractor.
However, even if you’re planning to seek professional assistance for back stiffness relief, it is still prudent to be familiar with many of the potential causes. If you know what’s up, you can give your own contribution by changing or eliminating potentially detrimental habits that you might have. Here are the most common causes of stiffness in your back:
- Strains and sprains
- A rupture in one of your disks
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Anxiety and stress
- Pinched nerves
- Degeneration of an invertebrate disk
- Internal organ malfunction
- Irritated joints
As you can see, you can do little for some causes other than to see an expert who could help you. However, if you spend too much time sitting, or you place too much strain on your back, you definitely can switch some of those poor habits and help your back along.
Can mental stress cause back pain?
As evident from the list above, stress and anxiety can definitely cause back problems. Although it does sound a bit out there, or not plausible at all, you’d be surprised with just how much stress and anxiety contribute to many seemingly unrelated conditions.
The best way to look at it is in the form of a vicious circle – the more stressed you become, the more your underlying back issues will surface, becoming even more painful, leading to you becoming even more stressed.
It’s not about stress making your back hurt, no. Stress puts strain on the functioning of your entire body, making your body function poorer and poorer, which leads to many problems, back pain included.
What’s worse, it seems stress is capable of “uncovering” the hidden issues you didn’t know you had by making you more susceptible to pain and irritation through lack of sleep and a weakened immune system. So yes, stress definitely worsens not only back pain, but it also weakens your entire system.
How do you relieve spinal stress?
Now that you know the many reasons for the occurrence of back pain, and that stress definitely is not your friend, let’s see what you can do to alleviate the pain in your back.
- Morning ease – If you’re feeling stiff in the morning, take a heating pad and place it under the area that is most painful. Heat relaxes muscles, making them less stiff and painful.
- Laughter yoga – It sounds silly, we know, but practicing some laughter yoga will increase the intake of oxygen, stimulate endorphin production, and reduce stress, alleviating the pain.
- Sleeping positions – Don’t insist on sleeping in a single position you’ve used all your life, even though you keep waking up to a sore back. Try several different positions until you find the one that works best for you and your back.
- Hot bath – Again, heat. Jump into the tub and fill it with hot water, as hot as you can handle. Don’t overdo it, naturally, but a hot bath will relax your muscles and lower the pain you’re experiencing.
- Water exercises – Try water aerobics, or swimming, or any other type of exercising you can do in the water. The buoyancy allows you to exercise without experiencing pain, and you can strengthen your back muscles without being in agony while doing it.
- Massages – Massages are a great way to improve circulation, relax muscles, lower stress, boost endorphins, and so on. A great method through-and-through.
- Chiropractic – Finally, if nothing seems to work, chances are chiropractic will. Chiropractors tackle the root of the problem, not just the symptoms, providing an all-encompassing treatment for all your back issues.
“Where can I find experienced chiropractors in Carmel Mountain Ranch to relieve my pain?”
If your back just won’t stop bugging you, and you’ve decided to find the finest chiropractic professionals near Carmel Mountain Ranch, then your only stop should be Fix Body Chiropractor Group – the leaders when it comes to all things chiropractic.
We are seasoned pros and we perform gentle chiropractic procedures to resolve the cause of the problem, making your every day as enjoyable as it once used to be, before the problems reared their ugly heads. If you want to experience the Torrey Pines Gliderport in all its glory, without pain preventing you, come to us for a consultation today!