There are people who are still unsure about chiropractic, people who are not sure if chiropractic can loosen tight muscles, if chiropractors can help with anxiety and stress, whether chiropractic can “untie” knots in your muscles, and even if a good chiropractor can relax your neck and back stiffness.
Well, the truth is, experienced chiropractors in Carmel Mountain Ranch really can do all these things and more. But, for the time being, let’s focus on how chiropractic can help loosen all those tight muscles of yours.
How do I relax my muscles?
It’s never a pleasant feeling when your muscles feel stiff, sore, or downright painful. Normally, you want to relax them as soon as possible, but how? What is the best method for relaxing muscles?
There is no such thing as a single best muscle-relaxing method that works every single time, as it’s mostly down to the individual whose muscles feel off. But, there are several methods you can try and combine for best results.
Heat – When it comes to relaxing your muscles, applying heat to the stiff spots or the whole body is always a good choice. You can do it in several ways:
- Placing an electric blanket or a hot towel on the stiff or sore area.
- Soaking your entire body in a hot bath to which you added a cup of Epsom salt can work wonders.
- Visiting a sauna for a total of 15 minutes is also a great idea for relaxing muscles
Tension and relaxation – Bringing your muscles to a state of becoming tense, and then relaxing them can help you get rid of the soreness:
- Squeezing sore muscles with your hand, and then releasing the pressure can help you feel less sore. Five minutes should do it.
- Stretch out those muscles that feel stiff to make them less so.
- Some light cardio can also be helpful when feeling sore. A short ten-to-fifteen minute jog should do the trick.
Full-body relaxation – Sometimes, all you might need is some full-body relaxation in order to banish the soreness and stiffness from your muscles:
- Having a solid seven hours of sleep each night will help your muscles relax.
- Try doing relaxed breathing, where you slowly inhale for about four seconds, and then exhale for just as long.
- Meditation is an excellent way of getting your body to a state of total relaxation, muscles included.
- If all else fails, yoga’s there for you. Performing some gentle yoga will make your body feel as light as a feather.
Professional help – If all else fails, seek assistance from professionals. An experienced chiropractor can help rid you of the tension in your muscles. Perhaps the most tried-and-true method of all.
Can chiropractic help tight muscles?
Chiropractic definitely can help with tight muscles, and that’s not just according to the American Chiropractic Association. Many patients who’ve turned to chiropractors for help with their tight muscles have experienced great relief with regular chiropractic treatment.
However, chiropractic is still not a first resort when it comes to treating tight muscles. Massage therapy is still something most people turn to when seeking help with tight muscles. But, chiropractic is an excellent method to do so, and here’s why:
- Soft-tissue therapy. Chiropractors don’t just focus on chiropractic adjustments. They still treat soft tissue in order to relax muscles, release tension, and relieve spasms.
- Adjustments. Muscles can be stiff or tight for many reasons, and misaligned joints can be one of them. Chiropractors perform gentle adjustments to bring your joints back into alignment and relax your stressed muscles.
- Muscle taping. If a situation demands it, and if the damage to a muscle is greater than was originally thought, a chiropractor will tape your affected muscles to foster the healing process.
- Stretches and exercises. Finally, a chiropractor will go through a series of exercises and stretches together with you, all designed to help your muscles relax as much as possible.
How do you loosen tight neck muscles?
Tightness in your neck can be truly painful and utterly uncomfortable, as it can obstruct your regular daily activities to the point of them becoming an excruciating chore. However, there are several methods you can use to loosen your neck muscles:
- Neck stretches. There’s a variety of gentle neck stretches you can do to relax your neck muscles. Just be careful to do them slowly and gradually, so as not to overdo it.
- Hot & Cold. First, take a hot, moist towel and place it on your neck for about six minutes. Wait for twenty minutes, then repeat two more times. After that, take an ice pack and hold for ten minutes. This should help your neck feel like it used to.
- Sleeping setup. Try out different sleeping positions and see which one feels best in the morning. Also, try out a new pillow and a new mattress and see if that helps you feel less tight in the morning.
- Massage. Lightly massage the area that feels sore with your hands. Use the fingertips and perform circular motions. Repeat this for a couple of minutes, with breaks in between, and you should start feeling better.
- Treatment. Sometimes, if your neck feels too painful, it’s best to visit a professional chiropractor for several treatments. It’s what they do for a living, and you’ll be in good hands.
- Prevention. Finally, try to stop neck stiffness from resurfacing:
- Set up an ergonomic workspace
- Avoid sitting down for too long
- Don’t look down to your smartphone too regularly
- Decrease the weight you might be carrying on your back
- Implement adequate working out techniques
- Stretch regularly
“I’ve tried everything, but it seems I need chiropractic help for my muscle tightness!”
If your muscles are tight and sore, and you can’t seem to shake it off, finding great chiropractors near Carmel Mountain Ranch might be a good idea. Luckily, we know who the best ones are – Fix Body Chiropractor Group, of course!
We are a team of committed and experienced chiropractic professionals who implement all of our extensive knowledge to help our patients feel better. If looking up at the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum has become too painful to you, don’t worry, we’ll help you. Visit us for a consultation today!