You shouldn’t take the health of your spine for granted, and caring for your spine and spinal cord will work wonders to stop you from having to undergo chiropractic care in Carmel Mountain Ranch for muscle and back pain and discomfort.
However, not everybody is aware of just how important it is to maintain the health of your spine by visiting a chiropractor regularly. Well, you’re about to find out!
Why should you care about your spine health?
Your spine is the literal backbone of your body, and it allows you to perform all of your everyday tasks properly. So, because mostly all movement originates directly from your spine, you should take good care of it if you want to be able to move easily for as long as possible.
Many experienced chiropractors from the World Federation of Chiropractic say that there are many patients who are unable to move, bend over, sit up, walk, run, or pick up objects easily due to the poor state of their spine.
This is the main reason why you should try and take good care of your spine. Experiencing pain with even the easiest of movements gets old really quickly, and you should do everything in your power to stop it from happening.
What can I do to take care of my spine?
Luckily, there are many things you can do on a daily basis to keep your spine in pristine condition:
- Lifting – Lifting even the lightest of objects requires proper form, and if you lift objects improperly you risk injury to your spine. Remember – always lift from your knees, never from your back!
- Sleeping – Your body heals itself when you sleep, and a good night’s sleep is sometimes the best cure for many ailments. Also, try to sleep on the side, not the stomach, as this sleeping position relieves pressure from the spine.
- Stretching – Perform stretches on a regular basis. Stretching helps you remain as flexible as possible, while remaining gentle on your spine.
- Massages – Every spine needs a good massage from time to time. Treat yourself and your spine to a massage whenever you can spare the time.
- Weight – Excess weight places more stress on the back and, consequently, the spine. Maintaining a healthy weight can go a long way in keeping your spine healthy.
- Hydrating – Finally, don’t forget to stay properly hydrated every day. A hydrated body is elastic, and elasticity means your discs will not shrink, which greatly reduces risk of herniation and bulging.
- Chiropractors – Most people visit a chiropractor when they’ve started experiencing problems. However, regular preventive procedures ensure good spinal health for a long time.
Why is the spinal cord important?
Your spinal cord serves as a link between your body and your brain. Together, the brain and the spinal cord control many bodily functions, behavior and movement included. Here are the three most important reasons that state the importance of your spinal cord.
- Movement – Every type of movement you do with your body originates in the brain, but is transferred by your spinal cord. If you suffer a spinal cord injury, normal movement can become obstructed or limited.
- Impulses – Spinal cord is home for nerves that connect your sense organs with your brain. If it’s damaged, your body might lose the ability to feel various sensations.
- Life – Finally, as we’ve said before, a healthy spinal cord is essential for a normal life. Through it, the brain controls the majority of bodily movements, which can become completely obstructed if you sustain a spinal cord injury. Take good care of your spine and spinal cord!
“Where can I get chiropractic care for my spine in Carmel Mountain Ranch?”
If you’re, unfortunately, experiencing certain problems caused by a spinal injury, you have to get treatment quickly. Chiropractic is an excellent option, and Fix Body Chiropractic Group are the best chiropractic experts in Carmel Mountain Ranch. If you’re ever taking a relaxing walk through Garland Ranch Regional Park, continue a bit further to our clinic for a consultation. We’ll do everything we can!